The Governors of Queen Elizabeth Humanities College recognise their responsibility under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act (1974), so far as is reasonably practicable to:
- provide safe systems of work, plant and equipment;
- provide for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
- provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary for staff and students to undertake their work safely;
- provide a safe place of work with safe means of access and egress for all persons using the premises;
- provide a safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare arrangements;
- provide for the health and safety of persons not employed by the College, but who may be affected by its activities;
- encourage all staff to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and to co-operate with the Governors and management of the College in carrying out their statutory duty;
- require all staff to report through the appropriate channels any problem, defect or hazard likely to lead to a lack of safe or healthy conditions for themselves or others.
To continue reading the rest of this policy, please click here.